Today, there are approximately 325 buildings in Christiania, of which 104 are state buildings from military times and the remaining buildings are self-build houses, which were constructed after 1971.
In total, the floorage in Christiania is a little more than 66,000 m2. The state buildings comprise approximately 55,500 m2 and the self-build houses the remaining floorage.
With the June 22nd agreement, the foundation bought a large part of the buildings and currently owns almost 50,500 m2 in the Christiania area. The foundation owns all buildings outside the ancient memorial area, and these buildings constitute an area of almost 40,000 m2.
In addition, the foundation has purchased 36 buildings, all of which located on the protected ramparts, and these buildings constitute an area of approximately 11,500 m2.
The state still owns 19 larger and smaller buildings in the ancient memorial area, which are leased out to the foundation and constitute a floorage of approximately 6,000 m2.
Protected buildings in Christiania
The protected buildings in Christiania are:
- Den Grå Hal (The Grey Hall)
- Den Grønne Hal (The Green Hall)
- Kosmiske Blomst (Cosmic Flower)
- Fakirskolen (The Fakir School)
- Aircondition (Air-conditioning)
- Krudthuset i Vilhelms Bastion (The Gunpowder House in Vilhelm's Bastion)
- Kommandørhuset i Vilhelms Bastion (The Commander's House in Vilhelm's Bastion)
- 7'eren (The 7)
- Rådhuset (The Town Hall)
- Mælkebøttens-port / landetat (The Dandelion door / army)
- Multihuset (The Multi-house)
- Loppebygningen (The Flea Market Building)
- Det lille Krudthus v./den grønne hal (The small Gunpowder House near The Green Hall).